Friends of Egyptian Children with Cancer is having their 20th Annual Gala Fundraiser on Friday, February 17, 2023
FECC’s vision is to provide a cure for the Children of Egypt afflicted with Cancer.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, February 14, 2023
For more information and to make reservations, click here.
As the 2023 New Year opens, please consider making a donation to FECC.
All the FECC board members are volunteers and there are no employees. Its overhead is minimal. Seventy percent (70%) of the raised funds are spent to buy medications, and thirty percent (30%) on the Oasis, the first residential, supportive, educational and recreational facility in Egypt for the children and their families to stay in during the children’s cancer treatment.
Your donation to FECC, gives the children an opportunity to get treated, recover and live a healthy and productive life.
Thank you in advance for your generous donations to FECC .
Donations may be sent by one of the following ways:
With greatest appreciation,
The 21st Annual FECC Gala Fundraiser is in the planning stage to be held during one of the weekends in February 2023. More details will be provided as they are available. If you cannot attend, please consider making donations to FECC to help treat and cure the Egyptian children with cancer. Thank you!
October 24, 2022
Dear Friends of FECC,
Twenty-six (26) years ago, an American lady, Susan Work, established the non-profit organization, Friends of Egyptian Children with Cancer (FECC) in Houston, Texas. The idea arose a few years before when Susan’s husband, David, had been transferred to Egypt in 1990 to run the third largest American company in Egypt. Susan met a pediatric oncologist, Dr. Salah Abdel Hadi, who had recently returned from a Fulbright Scholarship in the US, where he spent three months in three different cancer hospitals. He came back to Cairo determined to establish in Egypt what the US hospitals had. Susan organized volunteers to visit the children’s ward to spend a few hours a week with the poor children. In 1991, Dr. Abdel Hadi and Susan began setting up a non-profit organization.
When David and Susan returned to Houston, Susan decided that the only way she could continue to help the Egyptian children was to organize the Egyptian community in Houston to support her efforts. With the help of a number of dedicated volunteers — Ahmed and Kadria Abou-Sayed, Mamdouh and Helju Hamad, Dr. Norman Jaffe, Drs. Samia and Kamal Khalil, Dr. Ezzat Abouleish, Dr. Mohamed Khalil Ali, Dr.& Mrs. Robert Bast, Ms. Naila Seif, Drs. Nageeb and Rose Abdallah, and Moustafa Abou-Ghanem — we have succeeded in continuing the activities of FECC.
The mission of the FECC is to:
- Provide comprehensive care to Egyptian children with cancer in Egypt
- Promote awareness of pediatric cancer diagnosis and therapy
- Purchase cancer medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment
- Provide scholarships for Egyptian junior physicians and nurses to specialize in pediatric oncology care.
All FECC Board Members are volunteers. FECC has a minimal overhead. The main function of the FECC is to raise funds, which are transferred to our sister organization in Egypt annually. This year 70% of funds were spent on buying the necessary medications for children who were treated at no cost at the following universities and institutes hospitals: Alexandria, Borg El Arab, Mansoura, Zagazig, Ain Shams and Assuit Universities and Nasser Institute. Thirty percent of FECC funds were designated to the “Oasis”, the first residential, supportive, educational and recreational facility to serve the children and their families in Egypt. Also, $15,000 were allocated for pediatric oncology nurses’ scholarships.
Due to the current status of the economy, there is a decrease in the raised funds. The FECC last fund-raising gala was in 2020. Currently, the FECC is planning a fund-raising gala on February 4th 2023.
Please, help the FECC and donate to cover the rising cost of medications to be able to treat and cure the poor children. Donations may be sent by one of the following ways:
With greatest appreciations,
Would you be willing to make a tax deductible donation of $25, $50, $100 or whatever you can afford to help us provide care for Egyptian children diagnosed with cancer in Egypt?
We simply can’t do it without you. Your support will make a real, lasting impact in the lives of those who are still in need.
Funds raised by our organization are spent on programs that benefit the children of Egypt. Moreover, our board includes four physicians from world-class institutions like the MD Anderson Cancer Center and Memorial Hermann Children’s Hospitals. These physicians’ knowledge of cancer treatments in Egypt and the US is critical in making informed decisions about the medication and education programs to fund. It is important to remember those who are less fortunate than us. Please consider donating to Friends of Egyptian Children with Cancer. Due to the current economic conditions in Egypt, your help is needed more than ever!
Friends of Egyptian Children with Cancer (FECC) is an independent non-profit 501(c) (3) organization based in Houston, Texas. It was founded in 1995 for the exclusive purpose of promoting awareness of cancer and providing for the total care of Egyptian children diagnosed with cancer in Egypt.
Thank you in advance for your generous donation! Donations accepted all year long!
Tax-deductible donations can be made by one of the 3 the following methods. Please consider making ongoing monthly or quarterly donations:
1) Donations can be made by visiting the FECC Network For Good donation website by clicking here.
3} Donations can also be made by mailing your donation to:
Friends of Egyptian Children with Cancer (FECC)
P.O. Box 155
Bellaire, TX 77402-0155
Please SHARE the www.FECCHouston.org website with your friends. Thank you!
Who Are We, Vision, Strategy
The FECC, founded in 1995, is an independent non-profit 501(c) (3) organization based in Houston, Texas.
FECC is an all-volunteer organization with little administrative costs and close to 100% of the funds raised by our organization are spent on programs that benefit the children of Egypt. Moreover, our board includes four physicians from world-class institutions like the MD Anderson Cancer Center and Memorial Hermann Children’s Hospitals. These physicians’ knowledge of cancer treatments in Egypt and the US is critical in making informed decisions about the medication and education programs to fund.
FECC’s Vision is To Provide a Cure for the Children of Egypt Afflicted with Cancer
FECC’s Strategy is
- Leverage the Board Resources and Medical Network to improve capabilities in Egypt
- Purchase medication for “underserved” pediatric oncology centers
- Very low administrative overheard
Progress to Date
- Sent over $1 Million since 1997 to Egypt. With your continued support we will be able to send millions more over the future years to help provide a cure for the Egyptian Children afflicted with Cancer.
- Over the years we have provided for medication for 6 different pediatric cancer centers across Egypt – Ain Shams, NCI-Kasr El Einy, Alexandria, Mansoura, Zagazig, Asyut, Also FEEC provides funding for training, scholarships, and small medical equipment to several pediatric cancer treatment centers in Egypt. The pediatric oncology hospitals we support are affiliated with the following universities: Ain-Shams, Alexandria, Mansoura, Zagazig, Asyut, Menya and Nasser Institute. more than $500,000 for medication, training, and supplies to different pediatric cancer treatment centers in Egypt. We are also continuing the visiting scholar program in collaboration with Texas Children’s Cancer Center, Houston.
- Provide support for the Health and Hope Oasis in Wadi-El-Natroun; Egypt’s first supportive care center for children with cancer and their families.
Go to FECCHouston Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FECChouston/ and LIKE Page to get automatic updates on what is happening. Also, please share the Facebook Page to broadcast this site to your Facebook friends.
40,145 total views, 19 views today